While I use dark cooking chocolate from Green and Blacks, you can use any good quality cooking chocolate that you prefer.
2 tbsp soluble coffee granules dissolved in 1 tbsp hot water (not boiling)
115 grams Green and Blacks dark cooking chocolate, chopped
500 ml crème fraîche
4 tbsp golden/unrefined icing sugar, sifted (or amount to taste)
- Place a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water set over a lot heat.
- Add the coffee and chocolate, leave to melt while stirring frequently, when melted remove from the heat and stir until smooth. Ensure the bowl does not come in contact with the water.
- Meanwhile, whisk the chilled crème fraîche and sugar until fairly stiff.
- Stir four tablespoons of the crème fraîche into the chocolate until well blended.
- Return this mixture to the chocolate, while stirring.
- Whisk to blend, divide between the stemmed glasses or ramekins.
- Cover with clingfilm and chill for one hour.