I love the combination of white chocolate and raspberries, especially in a cheesecake. While you can, if preferred, use a traditional digestive or Graham cracker biscuit base, I prefer the shortbread biscuit base shown in the recipe.
250 grams shortbread biscuits
50 grams unsalted butter – melted
30 grams Green and Blacks white cooks chocolate, finely grated
600 grams full-fat cream cheese
175 grams unrefined caster sugar
150 ml crème fraîche
2 whole large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
1 tbsp cornflour, sifted
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
100 grams Green and Blacks white cooks chocolate, chopped
75 grams fresh raspberries
115 grams raspberries (divided – 85 grams; 30 grams)
1 to 2 tbsp icing sugar, or amount to taste
3 tbsp raspberry liqueur
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC, 347ºF, gas mark 3 to 4.
- Crush the biscuits, add the melted butter and chocolate, mix until combined.
- Press into the base of a 20 cm spring form cake tin and bake in the preheated oven for five minutes then allow to cool completely before filling.
- Melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water ensuring the bowl does not come in contact with the water, when melted stir until smooth, then put to one side.
- Put the cream cheese into a bowl, stir until smooth.
- Add the sugar, crème fraîche, whole eggs, egg yolk, cornflour and vanilla extract, mix until light and fluffy.
- Fold in the white chocolate followed by the berries.
- Bake for approx. 40 minutes, or until set – the centre should be “wobbly” when the cheesecake is shaken gently. Leave in the tin to cool completely, then chill for three hours or overnight if time allows.
- Put the 85 grams of raspberries into a saucepan, add the icing sugar and place over a gentle heat, warm until the berries begin to release their juices, gently squash with a fork.
- Tip the fruit into a fine sieve set over a bowl, push through with a small ladle; discard the sieve contents.
- Stir the raspberry liqueur into the syrup, add the 30 grams of raspberries, stir gently.
- Serve the cheesecake with the raspberry sauce.